Thursday, February 18, 2010

Daily Log #7 (No Sleep)

It was very quiet around here today. I didn't fall asleep until 2:30am and then my wife's alarm clock went off at 4:30am. Since I had been up most of the night trying to get comfortable enough to sleep, my stomach must have thought it was later in the day so I couldn't go back to sleep without eating something first. I probably should have taken some Ambian to help me sleep, but when I take it I usually feel tired all day anyway. Plus when I lay in bed trying to get comfortable I don't want to get up to take some Ambian and have to start all over again. Usually, by the time I get sick of not being able to sleep it's too late to take Ambian anyway. So, on nights like tonight, when I have already gone a few nights without much sleep, I'll take an Ambian right away and hope it works.

Just because I take something to help me sleep that doesn't mean I'll get any sleep because pain doesn't care about sleeping pills. The sleeping pills usually help me to sleep longer with the pain before I wake up.

I'm very aware of what happened to Heith Ledger, the actor who died from pain pills mixed with sleeping pills so I take a lower dose of sleeeping pills and only when I think I absolutely have to.


Anyway, I woke up again at 7:20am and made sure the boys got off to school ok. After that I went back to sleep until 9:15am, which was when the back pain decided I shouldn't sleep anymore. I decided to start the day at that point with a shower and clean cloths. I sent out an email to everyone on my yahoo email contact list to let them know about my blog.

By 5:00pm I was too tired to stay awake any longer and I fell into a very deep sleep until 6:30pm. I was so tired I couldn't open my eyes when my wife came to revive me.

As a matter of fact, I'm so tired I keep knoding off right now. That means I'm finished for today and I've got to try and find the perfect sleeping position that will ease the pain enough to sleep again after I take an Amieant.


Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe