Thursday, March 25, 2010

Log #42 (Lego Conspiracy)

I resumed my project of sorting my kid's Legos so it's easier for them to find what they need and to keep their room clean in the process.  I think there is some kind of Lego conspiracy.  You buy one small box of Legos for a birthday or a couple for Christmas.  One year, two years, three years, and the next thing you know every corner of the house has a Lego in it.  They multiply in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep and they wander around until you turn the lights on.  I know this because I've stepped on them in the darkness of deep night.

After years of hard work and education, I've resorted to sitting on my bed sorting Legos.  Even this small task is difficult because I can't sit up for long so I have to lay back against the pillows for support and that makes the sorting awkward.  It's hard to believe that I could once run three miles in a little over eighteen minutes, squat with four hundred thirty pounds upon my shoulders, or play basketball all day without getting tired.  Yet, after an hour of sorting those tiney Legos, I need two pain pills in order to recover.

Tomorrow the sorting continues...

2 comments:

  1. How's it going with the Lyrica? You might want to stock up on apples, carrots and other low cal foods in case your appetite increases. I'm still trying to lose the 25 Lyrica pounds I gained the first year. Best wishes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, my appetite has decreased from something I've been taking and the Lyrica hasn't changed that. Even though my activity level is way down from the past I've lost around 30 pounds since my back surgery. That is one of the areas in my life I feel good about. I guess I'm lucky in that area.

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe