Saturday, March 27, 2010

Log #44 (A walk to the Park)

Two nights in a row with almost no sleep takes its toll. Last night I'd written about my run in with fibromyalgia the night before. I'd also told you that the effects take a few days to ware off. Well, last night it was still bad enough that I couldn't completely fall asleep, but not so bad that I felt absolutely horrible so I was in a limbo state all night.

One of the ways that my body reacts to no sleep is constipation, which only adds to the overall constipation I have anyways because of the pain pills. Irritable bowel and constipation can be brought on by fibromyalgia too so basically I'm getting hit with a triple whammy. So I had to deal with total stomach discomfort all day.

We had two baseball games to go to today. My eight-year-old had a game at noon and my eleven-year-old had a game at 4:45 so there was a lot of moving around to do. My wife's day was even more busy because it was picture day for the teams and she had to take them to the fields earlier in the day.

Sitting at the games is painful enough even with the extra padding I put on my chair, but the worst part is the walk from the car to where we set up our chairs. I would estimate that we parked about 100 yards (The length of a football field) away. I swear, by the time we get to our place by the bleachers I feel like I can't walk another step. After that, I have to sit at the game all pumped up on pain pills and even though I'm in that state--you'd think I wouldn't be able to feel anything--the walk back to the car is even worse.

Most of that could be remedied if they would put in some handicap parking. This is city owned property and they KNOW that there are hundreds of people there every day for games and you would think that they could have at least guessed that there might be a few people who would need handicapped parking. It has to be even worse for someone in a wheelchair because there is no where to unload one. There are places where a person in a wheelchair would have to wheel across deep grass just to get up to the bleachers.

I am making a point to call whoever I need to at the City Offices and kindly request that they do something about this now. If they ignore the request then I'll get a lawyer and play hardball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe