Monday, March 15, 2010

Log #32 (Ups & Downs)

Because of this cold I had to shift some things around today--namely the appointment with the Pain Management Doctor. I haven't developed the cough that I thought I would, but then again, one of the best cough suppressants are the ones with codeine and Vicodin is essentially massive amounts of codeine. It's kind of crazy to think that pain killers don't do anything for sore throats. For the sore throat I take Naproxin or Ibrophin (However those are spelled).

Usually I sleep in a sitting-up/reclined position to reduce the amount of pain I have in bed. I prefer to sleep on my side, but it makes my back really hurt even with a pillow between my knees (proper way for everyone to sleep). Right now with the cold, sleeping reclined causes my sinuses to drain like crazy down my throat and into my lungs so I'm essentially forced to sleep on my side. That means tons of pain and less sleep, but the alternative is feeling like I'm drowning.  Sometimes I feel like I just can't win.

It's been about 5 days since I completely stopped taking Savella and today was the first day that I really noticed the difference in not having it in my system. I could feel the fibromyalgia creeping back today. It lasted for a few hours then went away. I almost forgot to write about it, but it's starting to creep back right now. It does feel similar to having a cold, but a little more irritating so I know it's not just the cold.  It's like a tiger creaping up on me; I know it's coming, but just not when.

One bright side to this week is that there are no little league games this week until Saturday so I have time to get better. I actually missed the games they had last Friday and that was really hard on me. I don't want to NOT be there when they have some accomplishment or reach some milestone. The reason I missed wasn't because of my cold alone though.

The bladder thing feels better today so I'll hold off on calling the urologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe