Saturday, March 20, 2010

Log #37 (Coming Around)

I finally feel like maybe I'm turning the corner with this flu. Since I am taking so many different medications I get leery about taking flu medicines like Nite-Time or Thera-Flu. These flu medicines when mixed with narcotics can intensify the effect of the narcotic--namely drowsiness. I asked the Doctor a couple of days ago if I could take it and he said I'd be fine so last night I braved it and gulped some down. Today I felt a little better when I woke up and it slowly got worse as the day wore on, but at least I still feel better than yesterday.

I'm pretty sure that means by tomorrow night I'll probably have more energy than writing one or two paragraphs.

One of the other pluses today was that I felt good enough to go to two little league games today. They overlapped a little so I didn't have to be out as long as normal for watching two games. I am friends with one of the guys on the board of directors for the league and I had the chance to ask why there was no handicapped parking. He told me that they had be pressing the City of Simi Valley to do something, but the City keeps telling them that they have more important things to do right now. I asked him for the contact information at the city offices so I can raise a big stink about it. I can't take walking a hundred yards from the car to where we need to set up our chairs. That's ridicules!!!
Tomorrow night, if I'm finally feeling up to it, I want to talk a little bit about how chronic pain can affect a person's sex life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe