Sunday, May 16, 2010

Log #94 (Strength and Honor)

Four walls of yellow-gray travertine stone encase me within a cell of pain.  Black iron bars separate the injured man I am from the robust and invincible man I once was.  A flickering torch in the hallway outside breaths wisps of smoke that fills the air with aching fatigue.  The ceiling and walls are covered in the thick black soot of medications that have stained my mind.  My bare skin glistens in the sweat of withdrawals and my only raiment is the blue canvas subligaculum of faith that covers my loins.

The ground vibrates from the chanting crowds outside while the dust dances across the cell floor as if upon the surface of a drum.  The feet of the frenzied hoard beats against the coliseum stone beckoning the death match to begin.  Whomp Whomp Whomp
Some of the spectators have come to cheer on the hero while others anticipate for his overthrow.  Family and friends pray to the Gods that the hero will be victorious while the lawyers and insurance dealers have placed heavy bets against him.

"Come on you dirty scum!" Yells society as it unlocks the cell doors, "It's time."

Weakly I get upon my feet; my scars and pains impede my rise.  One battle after another has left me worn and weary, but the crowd lusts for my blood to be spilt so there will be one less drain on the economy.

Blinding spear-like rays of light strike my eyes as the doors to the arena floor is swung open and a flash flood of deafening noise sweeps in behind.  My pupils adjusts to the sun burning sparkles of dust swirling in the air leading through the doorway as a sword of determination is placed into one hand while a shield of fortitude is placed into the other.

The enemy stands as a twisted and grotesque formidable mass of governments and institutions; it's only desire is to swallow me whole and spit my bones out into the heap of lost and forgotten souls.  This hideous beast has consumed many and only few have survived.
With every ounce of strength and courage I possess I walk out onto the blood stained battle ground as the crowed loses all sanity in noise and confusion.  When the empress drops her red banner the fight will begin.

I will fight on against my pain.  My weary body will be bruised and ripped to shreds, but I will not fall nor will I give up.  Strength and honor is my code.

I am... Gladiator


PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe