Friday, June 4, 2010

Log #108 (Flopsey Mopsey)

One of the problems with the sciatic nerve is that when it gets pinched a certain way the motor skills of the leg go nowhere.  The foot starts flopping when you walk and you can't lift your leg very well.  It is a very strange feeling indeed.  I don't know how it is for other people, but when this happens to me it doesn't hurt any more than it usually does.  The first time I noticed this was a few years ago at work when I was doing a lot of walking around one day.

It happened again today while I was at the gym on the recumbent bike.  I had been peddling for about 25 minutes when it started in my left leg (the left leg is the one that always gives me the most problems).  It is very hard to peddle when the leg stops working.  My right leg had to do the majority of the work for the next ten minutes and I opted not to swim because of it.  I even had increased numbness in my left leg.  It is now late in the evening and my leg is no better.  It will probably take a day or two of rest to get it back.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe