Sunday, February 6, 2011

Log #146 (An update)


It's been a while since I posted something new, but I've been thinking about it for the last little while and thought it would be good to do an update...

First off I should say that there is no improvement in my back condition.  It's been over a year since my back surgery and I think it's safe to say that it didn't do any good at all.  I still have the same problems as before and, if anything, my back is slightly worse now.

I had three more epidural steroid injections into my sciatic nerves, but none of those helped and the last one I had actually made my left leg more numb than it was before.  It's just too bad that the added numbness does nothing to take the sciatic pain away.

I have found cutting down on the Norco and using medical marijuana has been a lot better for my pain management.  The only time I have to take Norco is if the pain goes beyond what the MJ can do for me.  I've learned a lot about medical MJ over the last year.  I use what is called a vaporizer (Iolite)to get the THC from the MJ into my system.  This is a smokeless method wherein the MJ is heated in a small chamber until it starts to release the THC.  I then inhale the vapor without all of the carcinogens and tar that comes along with smoking it.  Also, my vaporizer is small enough that it can fit in my pocket and take it wherever I might need to go.

Not taking the opiates has had a very good effect on me.  My moods are much more stable than before and I'm able to reason things in my mind better.

OFF THE SUBJECT...
Just for fun here is a little thing from JIB-JAB that my second oldest son clued me in on.  I inserted some of our family face pics and it's pretty funny.  The JIB-JAB site has a few of these you can play with.


Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. How's your back pain doing now? Hope everything is well. Does medical marijuana really work? Vaporizers are quite convenient, I must say. Some people prefer the device because of its safety. How small are your vapes?

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe