Sunday, June 20, 2010

Log #118 (Father's Day)

This was a great Father's Day weekend for me.  I am grateful for holidays such as Mother's Day and Father's Day.  Not because of the recognition I receive, but because those holiday's help us focus on our families.  We did everything as a family for the last three days and that is the best gift I could have received this weekend.

My wife drove us all down to the beach on Friday and I got to lay down in the shade of our canopy tent and watch the boys play in the ocean.  The trip down there and back, along with a little walking, made me very sore, but the time with my family makes all of this worth it.

This weekend culminated with my two oldest sons calling and wishing me a happy father's day.  This was the first time in a long while where everyone of my children remembered to call.  It doesn't take much for a parent to feel absolute joy in their children.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe