Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daily Log #3 (Something for Valentine's Day)

Up most of the night dealing with cramps from constipation, which stems from a combination of pain medication and the fact that my nerve problems are causing my bowls not to work well. In any case, I was too tired to make it to church with my family. When I am able to make it it is only for a short time and seats are too painful so I have to go home.

Just as a change of pace...
For my wife on Valentine's Day...

Two halves of life made whole
By Patrick Garrett (Valentine’s Day, 2010)

With every dream I dared to dream
She crept into my mind sublime
Her face majestic and agleam
Untouchable as immortal time

For years I searched and looked in vain
In every face I found not there
The woman I’d wished to attain
My dream remained a wisp of air


So I gave up. My hope was lost
And I was sure forever alone
Resolved to live in winter’s frost
My aspirations all dethroned


Then God intervened when he jolted me from a fitful slumber and you were there...
I’ve been saved from hell by our life together.

With you I have been to the heights of heaven
And somehow you’ve lifted me higher

I’ve gone to the edge of the cliff of despair
And you’ve held me back

I felt the waves of love wash over me
And you’re able to bring on more

I nearly drown in the currents of grief
And you revived me

For you, passion burns blindingly bright within me
And you fan the flames even higher

Almost melted by molten lava’s river of pain
You’ve squelched the heat with soothing compassion

When the howling winds of adversity beat against me
Your belief in me holds me up

You are my friend, my support, my equal, and my companion…

You are the love of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe