Monday, March 22, 2010

Log #39 (Nauseated)

I had a rough day today. It started at 3:00am in the morning when I woke up and had to rush to the bathroom so I could throw up. I'm not too sure what caused it. When I took some Nite-Time medicine before bed it didn't feel too good going down, but I've had that feeling with that kind of medicine before without that result.

With my other medications it's a different story and I'm sure they are the real culprits in this little uprising. The side effect with some of my other medications is nausea and vomiting (Why does the word vomit sound so much more gross than throwing-up?). I don't usually have a problem with them, but sometimes after I take my evening meds and go to bed I get extremely nauseated and occasionally that is followed by throwing-up. There are times when pain has been so severe that I've thrown-up, but that doesn't happen often because I'm able to take pain meds before it gets so bad. I think there is something in the combination and timing in taking my evening meds, combined with my body chemistry, that causes this sporadic reaction.

Besides that ordeal last night, my back was really acting up today; more like a tantrum I should say. The flu isn't quite gone yet so I'm still having to sleep on my side so the sinus drainage into my lungs is not so bad. My back is really getting mad at me for doing this so it decided to make me miserable today. It was hard just to get out of bed and no position I could get myself into brought any relief. I took my regular dose of Oxycontin at noon, which is slow acting time released so that didn't help much. I then took a Norco with no effect. An hour later I took a second, which is usually guaranteed to help, but not this time. I'd had enough so at three I took a third and finally the pain subsided, but only after I was high out of my mind.

Days like this really make life difficult to say the least. It is hard to accomplish anything when you can't even get out of bed or concentrate on anything because pain, and how to get rid of it, is the only thing you can think of.

To end on a positive note... at least my flu is almost gone... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe