Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Log #40 (Taken for Granted)

This was a pretty slow day. It seems like I started the day with a mental note of things I wanted to accomplish and in the end very few of them got done.

For the first time in a few weeks I was able to sleep in my reclined position so my back got a break from me sleeping on my side. Because of that, my back felt a little better today. The thing about my back is that I am never completely pain free. The same can be said for my groin pain.

What people WITHOUT chronic pain fail to realize is that people WITH chronic pain are almost never completely pain free and that is hard to comprehend. A good day for me means that I can get up, collect the dirty laundry, and put things in the wash before having to lie down again. A good day is only taking two Norco tablets to ease the pain. A good day is walking to the end of our culdesac without feeling like I won't be able to make it back. A good day is being able to sit at the dinner table and have dinner with my wife and boys. What many take for granted, I count as a blessing.

Today was actually a down day for me mainly because I have been unable to do my mental "To Do" list. Over the years I've become a task oriented person. I like to always be doing things I like--be it work, hobbies, or personal things. Even reading a book has been a challenge because it's hard to get in a comfortable position or I'm just too tired to keep my eyes open. Over the last few days I haven't been able to do some of those personal things because of my back or due to the medications so it's been somewhat of a let down.

Right now my groin is flaring up and I'm getting anxious to finish and that's not what I really want to do, but I'll have to.

As the saying goes, and is often true, "The sun will come out tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe