Friday, April 16, 2010

Log #64 (The right PM Doc?)


I had a pretty rough night last night and day today. With all of the movement yesterday, my groin pain slowly built up through the day until last night I had a hard time sleeping. Then all day today, it has been very painful. I'm reaching the point where I can't keep my eyes open.

Today I went to see the pain management doctor instead of his assistant. After waiting for an eternity, he came into the examination room and started asking a lot of questions about my medical history and the history of my pains. Over all I was impressed with the way he handled everything.

He brought up some interesting things about low testosterone levels in a man's body can cause symptoms similar to Fibromyalgia such as the tiredness and muscle soreness. It doesn't explain all of my symptoms, but he'd like to have me take a blood test to see what my levels are. If it turns out the levels are low then I'll have to get some replacement hormones to see how much I improve if at all. Interestingly he said the narcotic medications used for pain will sometimes cause testosterone levels to drop.

He checked the nerves around my groin and came up with the possibility of some type of nerve neauropathy in the affected area. After the testosterone test, he'll do some nerve blocks directly into that area and see if the pain goes away any. I'll make a note of the medical terms he used with explanations tomorrow evening.

We also talked about medical marijuana and he was all for it as long as it isn't abused. His view was that he doesn't trust synthetic medication and that going natural is better.

I'll wait until after I have the testosterone test before I'll go in to the doctor that issues medical MJ. I'll try it for a few months and see if there is any improvement.

I am nodding off and hitting the wrong keys or holding keys down and then waking up to a mess on my screen. This is a good sign that my body has had enough. Good night.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!! If you have similar experiences then please write them here. It may help someone else when you write your point of view. ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds better than your previous doctors so far, hopefully everything works out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe