Saturday, April 24, 2010

Log #72 (Hey Mannnnnnn)


I'd have to say, "I never thought in a million years..."

When I consider the things I've believed in for the majority of my life, it's hard to comprehend how I got to where I am; a kid who grew up hating marijuana because of what I saw it doing to my older siblings. They were old enough to be part of "Free Love" and I was young enough to be a part of "Just Say No."

So looking at my original statement about a million years, I guess it must be one million and two because I'm typing my blog after using medical marijuana for the first time.

I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal and I've never been opposed to anyone using it. What bugs me is the ease at which medical marijuana is available to just about anyone. It takes people abusing things to really screw things up for the people who are doing it for the right reasons and what ends up happening is the rest of the world looks at medical marijuana as just another code for lets get high.
Today my wife and I went to a dispensary for medical marijuana--an establishment where the employees can't fathom the idea that there are people in the world who know absolutely nothing about smoking MJ. I was like a caveman among Einstein's.

The dispensary, I must point out, was a very clean, neat, and professional business. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. First of all a person can't just walk in and start browsing. There was a security guard at the entrance and he made sure that people had the proper MJ cards and photo ID. If they don't have them then they can't get in. Once cleared, I was able to go into the room where everything is on display. It was very "clinical" looking, and the people working there where clean-cut, well-dressed individuals. They asked me what medical problems I had then they showed me which types/strains worked best for those problems. They recommended one to me and I decided to give it a try.

After we left there, we went to a smoke shop and they explained the different things you could use to smoke the stuff. We settled on something inexpensive because we weren't sure if I'd get any benefit from marijuana. Once again, it was a place where none of the employees looked like they were high out of their minds.
The decision to actually "light up" was very difficult. Originally, I'd planned to smoke the MJ around eight in the evening, but it took me three additional hours to come to terms with actually doing it. I finally told myself that if I really wanted to find the best way to relieve my pain then I had no other choice. The rest, as they say, is history.

So far it's been a little over an hour and I feel the effects to both the pain and my body. I would say, initially, I feel a lot less pain, but my assessment will have to wait until another time after I've had enough time to test it.

Good night.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!! If you have similar experiences then please write them here. It may help someone else when you write your point of view. ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. For an initial beginning sounds good. I have also joined a group on yahoo groups and it is about people with pain pumps. They put a pump in your stomach area and fill it with medication. Then they have a tube that takes it to the area where the pain is and it pumps the meds straight to that point. They can be set up for which ever dose your doctor prescribes. Go in i think about 3 months have it emptied, cleaned i believe and refilled with new medication.

    It sounds interesting to me, especially if it is something that works, and if my pain totally gets that bad to have to use it.

    We'll see how thing go later in life.

    Please keep us updated on the Medical MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pagar, I can relate to what you're going through, being a chronic pain patient who has had to take drugs in order to function, and feeling like a druggie for doing so.
    I found that the MJ could sometimes make me temporarily pain-free like you describe, but at other times just excerbate the pain, like it intensified all my neural signals. Either way I felt like a druggie. For me the only way to have a functional and relatively pain-free life today is to keep a multidisciplary approach, exercise, diet, treatment, how I think, what people I surround myself with, it all affects the pain.

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe