Sunday, May 2, 2010

Log #80 (How Long?)

Depending on which source I read, withdrawals from Oxycontin can take anywhere from three days to a week. One problem I created for myself was that I tapered off too quickly and this has intensified everything, but what is done is done and I won't go back now.

Last night I had to rely on Ambien and some of my wife's (I know I shouldn't do it) anti-anxiety medication in order to finally get some sleep. I don't feel as bad as I did a few days ago, but it's still pretty bad. The body reacts in all these different ways and on different levels, but the worst thing is CONSTANT fatigue--painful and energy sapping fatigue. I took my last Oxycontin 40 hours ago and one way or another I will continue to beet this until it's done.

I won't use any medical MJ until this is over because I want to know for sure what my body is reacting to. This means that I'll have to suffer through a lot more pain in the mean time.

This experience has also helped me to reexamine my future a little bit as well. When this is over, and if I've had less trouble with fibromyalgia, then I'll be forced to believe that the pain medication has made my life LESS livable than it was before. I will also have to find new ways of dealing with the pain. I have experienced a decline in my standard of health over the last year and it was accelerated when I started using Oxycontin. That stuff is total crap!!!

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!! If you have similar experiences then please write them here. It may help someone else when you write your point of view. ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe