Monday, May 10, 2010

Log #88 (Finally!!)

Without the aid of any medications to help me sleep, I finally had a decent night of sleep.  It was mostly my body giving up after taking too much sleep deprivation. 

I have a massage pad that I got last year for my birthday (or Christmas.  I can't remember which) that is body length.  It vibrates and heats my body from my shoulders to my calf muscles so I put that on the couch, took my pillows and blanket, and topped off my endeavor with a soothing selection of music on my iPod.  For the next nine ours I slept on and off with the vibration going full blast beneath me.  I ended up with a little less than eight hours of sleep.

I had more energy today than I've had in a very long time and never hit a brick wall of tiredness all day.  The down side is that I did too much with the energy I had and now my back and groin is killing me.  Right now I can't complain about the pain because I'm so glad that I got some sleep.

The test comes tonight to see if I've made it past the last of the withdrawals from Oxycontin.  Maybe last night was an fluke because I was too exhausted or it was the start of getting more sleep each night.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me Pat! I admire your courage to continue with all your challenges at this time. You are truly someone to look up to. Your continued steps forward to work through your pain and carry on shows your strength that we can all learn from to better ourselves. My prayers are with you. Here's wishing you a good night sleep and a day that treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying those kind things. Every bit of support helps! I hope you realize that you are an inspiration to a lot of people around you and your ability to share your smile with others when you're facing your own problems is a rare gift. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Your family has been such a blessing for us and we're grateful to know each of you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe