Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Log #89 (Broken Record)

Sometimes when someone breaks a record it is a good thing.  If I had more number one songs than any other artist in history or if I threw more touchdown passes than any other quarterback in history.  On the other hand, a broken record can refer to something being repeated over and over again.

Unfortunately, tonight it's the later.  No, I didn't get two good nights of sleep in a row.  Yesterday was particularly cold at the little league games and maybe that had something to do with me being in more pain last night.  It was the fibromyalgia type pain where I feel like I have really bad flu and I hurt all over.  Today was cold as well and I felt pretty much the same way so tonight may not be good either.

The other possibility is that I'm still dealing withdrawals.  Not from Oxycontin, although that may still be lingering, rather it's a result of Norco.  Now that I've stopped the Oxycontin the Norco is picking up the duty to relieve my severe pain.  The problem is that I don't want to take that stuff either until I absolutely have to, which means that when the Norco wears off my body is expecting more but I'm not giving in.  Before surgery the Norco was losing it's effectiveness and in a way I'm trying to force it into working the way it used to, but that probably won't work.  I'll work my way off of the Norco too if I have to.  I don't want these pills controlling how I feel in a negative way.

I hate the pain that I'm in and it's getting worse each time I cut back, but as long as I experience what feels like withdrawals I can't blame it on fibromyalgia until I am 100% certain that it really is.  I'm pushing myself back to square one.   When I am no longer taking pain meds and they are completely out of my system then I'll reevaluate the possibility of fibromyalgia.  At that time I will fully investigate other methods for relieving pain that are not damaging to my body or a lot less so.

Until that time I'm going to have to endure a lot!  It's better to know for sure what is going on inside my body.  This is the true trial of chronic pain sufferers...  The quest for relief while having a standard of life that is still fulfilling and meaningful without being drugged out.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe