Thursday, May 13, 2010

Log #91 (Cold Turkey)

As much as it may hurt, I've decided to stop taking the Norco as well.  That is the last opiate pill I'm taking and it's not doing me any good to keep going with it.  Pain is pain, no matter the source and if these pills aren't doing what they should then I need to get rid of them.

I went into the Pain Management Doctor today (I really like this guy) and we talked about all of the withdrawal problems and he gave me some prescriptions to take in the short term to help get through the rest of this.  When I stop the Norco I'll be going through hell again, but at least I'll have something to help me get through it.

The other thing he did while I was there was to inject the Genital Femoral Nerve (in my groin) with something to numb it.  This was to see if that nerve is what has been troubling me for the last couple of years.  The injection made it feel a lot better so that means he has to do some other treatments in that nerve to give me more lasting relief.  He said there is no way to fix it and that I'll have to get repeated treatments.  The pain may not go away 100%, but it will be much better than it is now.

I didn't sleep well last night because of fatigue and pain so I'm going to fore go finding pictures/comics for this entry.  I'm way too tired right now.

Good night and may the force be with you!!

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe