Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Log #121 (The Medical Circus)

I've had my full share of medical problems in my life so you would think that I'd know all of the ins and outs of medical insurance, but I don't.  When you are healthy and working 40hrs a week you have limited association with the medical community.  When a serious illness or chronic problem occurs you find yourself becoming more dependant upon doctors and medicine.  That dependence on doctors goes hand-n-hand with medical insurance.
Pretty soon the doctor bills are piling up and you have no idea how to read the statements they send.  The insurance companies make everything confusing and complicated because you can never really tell what they have already paid or what they will pay in the future.  For example, it is now been nearly seven months since my back surgery and we are still trying to get the insurance to pay their portion of the bill.  They tell the doctor's office that they need information from me to process the claim and when I call them they turn around and say they need information from the doctor's office.  It's like riding a merry-go-round with circus music playing in the background.


PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe