Thursday, June 24, 2010

Log #122 (Take A Chance)

Well, it's the end of another week of writing in my blog.  I hope that by now people who read this regularly will be able to see the difference in my tone of writing.  I try to be a little more positive than I was in the past.  The only reason I'm able to do this is because of the change in my medications.

People with chronic pain go through a lot.  It's a very hard existence for anyone and the challenges are more than most people can comprehend.  No only do sufferers have to deal with their own pains they also have to deal with changes in income, family hardships caused by the condition, and social challenges as well.  I really don't blame anyone for seeking relief from their pain or how they go about it.  My concern is that they get enough information about the treatment options so that they can make educated decisions about how they will seek relief.

It's not enough to assume that the doctors have all the answers or that the pills they prescribe are safe or the best course of action.  I've come to learn that I can push through much more pain than I ever thought possible.  I don't need to be medicated 24/7 even though it would be easier to do so--in some ways.  My point in writing this tonight is that if you are suffering or if you know someone who is suffering then please open yourself up to studying ALL options of treatment.  Not all things will work, but some will and if it improves the quality of your life then you've accomplished something.

Even if the challenge seems like too much to over come you must push forward.  All of these trials will make you a better person as long as you refuse to give up (myself included).  Never let your condition keep you from having a fulfilling life.  If you feel like life isn't worth living or that your condition is too much for you to take then maybe it's a sign that you need to change your approach and do something new.  Become a warrior!

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe