Sunday, May 23, 2010

Log #100 (Determination)

I went to church today and stayed for the whole thing.  I wasn't because I felt any better, in fact, it was quite difficult to stay past the first 15 minutes.  There is no getting around the pain no matter how many cushions I take with me to sit on.  The thing I kept telling myself is, "hold on for five more minutes," and when that passed I told myself to hold on longer.

The other thing that makes all this significant is that I haven't taken anything for my pain since Friday.  I've even pushed myself not to take anything for sleep these last few nights.  I am nursing some allergies or a cold (don't know which) and I'm congested with a lot of drainage into my lungs so I'm taking cough syrup and daytime medicine.  I'm so sick of taking any medication at all, but sometimes it's just necessary.

Adding everything together I'm probably in more pain than I've been in since the withdrawals, but somehow it seems to be more tolerable because I'm determined to not let it beat me.  I am ready for a break though.  I guess I'll see how it goes.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe