Thursday, June 10, 2010

Log #112 (Inspiration)

Last night I was in a lot of pain as I was getting ready for bed, but I decided not to do anything about it.  Because of that, I didn't get much sleep, but I did see an interesting show on TV that was kind of inspiring so there was something positive that came from my sleeplessness.  It was a reality show about a competition between a group of artists to be the next great artist.

There was a time when I lived and breathed art,  but I gave it up when I decided that it was more important to provide a steady income for my family.  Being creative was a great outlet for me and I miss that.  I did a pretty good portrait drawing of my wife's uncle last year, but because of everything going on I found it hard to stay in the right frame of mind.  Now that my thinking is much clearer I see no reason why I shouldn't take the time that I have to pursue another facet of my life that I love.  I'll still do my writing, but that isn't my first love.

Being disabled is a great opportunity for me to go after dreams that I put off for the sake of my family.  Now that my income is pretty much set, I can use this time to improve my talents and if I work hard enough at it I can put together a body of work that I can be proud of.  My strong suit has been portraits, figure drawings, and sculpting.  I may not be able to do much sculpting without some equipment to lift the stone for me so I can focus on the other two.  I just need to find someone besides my wife brave enough to pose nude for me. LOL  The artwork on this page is my own.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe