Monday, June 14, 2010

Log #114 (Just Say No)

One thing a person with Chronic Pain must be able to do is know when to say, "no."  The body has limitations and when those are exceeded the body lets you know by increasing your pain levels.  There are always things I want to do and then there are the things I can do.  Sometimes the "want to" and "can do" don't match up well and I have to accept that.

I would like to maintain my gym schedule so I can continue to stay healthy, but my back tells me I've had enough of the strenuous work outs for this week.  Generally I'll go and ride the recumbent bike followed by a good swim.  The bike gives me a good cardio workout and the swimming works my muscles.  This week I'll have to lay off the swimming and rest my back so I can resume the swimming next week with less pain.

Back when I was working, I didn't know how to say no very well.  I sacrificed my body in a lot of ways so I could have a high paying job, but I didn't maintain my health in the process.  I ended up putting even more strain on my back when I already knew it was getting worse.  Now I can see that I should have taken better care of myself in a lot of ways, and because I didn't, I'll have permanent problems to deal with.  Not a good trade off.

Never allow yourself to put your job above your health!  It's a sacrifice that dosen't need to be made!


PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe