Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Log #125 (Cabin Fever)

Sometimes, when I think about my situation, I get the feeling that I should be doing more with my time.  I have things I'd like to do and sometimes I feel like I may actually be able to do them, but when I can't I get a little frustrated.  Being home all of the time is rough when I've spent most of my life spending large portions of the day outside of the house.  In a small way I get cabin fever.

I'm glad I can get to the gym each day even though it ends up hurting a lot afterward.

This is one of the aspects of Chronic Pain that a lot of people don't get.  Some people automatically assume that I'm home because I'm lazy and don't want to work.  They think I use my condition as an excuse and that I couldn't be as bad as I say I am.  Because of this, I usually don't like people knowing about my problems or that I'm home all day.  I've come to terms with what I can and can't do, but I still have a hard time with not going to work everyday and how people perceive me. 

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. The only perception we should care about is the Lords. That's what I focus on. We can't please everyone, but we can always please the Lord.

    I care. Your family cares. We don't judge you. You are great! So sorry for your pain. Hang in there! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda!

    I've always been a little introverted and shy and a big reason has been a fear of not being accepted by other people. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but it's something that is in the back of my thoughts most of the time. It's one of those things that goes back to childhood and bad habits are hard to break.

    As the years pass I find myself caring less and less of what other people think about me. In some ways this blog is evidence of that beacuse I write things that I know people don't like and I also know for sure that some members of our church don't think I should be saying some of the things that I do, but I have to be totally honest or my points will not come across. I have to accept the negative as well as the possitive.

    Your support means a lot to me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe