Thursday, July 1, 2010

Log #127 (Peace of Mind???)

Not much to report today to end up this week with.  The only thing on my mind right now is how stupid medical insurance companies can be.  We go through a directory of Pain Management doctors provided by our medical insurance, we pick out one that accepts our insurance, and when he gets ready to schedule my epidurals the insurance company says that both of the out patient facilities that the doctor operates in is out-of-network.  This same insurance said that the last pain management doctor I saw who wanted to do epidurals did his procedures in an out-of-network facility.

So what it looks like is that my wonderful medical insurance is willing to pay for a doctor visit, but if I need any kind of treatment it will not be covered unless the doctor does it right in his office.  This is why I believe that most insurance companies are criminal organizations.  They are supposed to give you peace of mind, but when it comes time for them to deliver they turn their backs on you.

By the way, in case you are curious...  My current insurance is Cigna and the one we had before that was Aetna.  Both are nothing but trouble and we can't do anything about it because that is what my wife gets through her work and we can't afford to pick an insurance company of our own.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. You should draw funny/sarcastic cartoons. I bet you'd be great at it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe