Thursday, July 8, 2010

Log #131 (Thursdays)

I like Thursdays because they are like Fridays for us.  My wife works Sunday through Thursday so when Thursday rolls around we are all in a good mood knowing our weekend is about to start. 

One thing is for sure, when a person is happy pain is easier to deal with and when a person is depressed it can be much more difficult.  That is why it is so important to that I do my best to stay positive.  Genetically I am predisposed to mild depression so it is a little easy for me to feel down and even more important for me to find ways to keep upbeat.  I found that to be nearly impossible when I was taking all of the pain medications.  On top of that, I had a ton of problems with mood swings and difficulty with stressful situations.

I've discovered that when I take a single Vicodin I find it more difficult to control my emotions.  Maybe this is something that affects me more than others so I can't speak for everyone on this point, but I know that taking narcotics for pain actually made my pain more acute because I was more depressed and moody than I am normally.  I think it's obvious from the way I write now compared to when I started this blog that I'm more positive now than I was then.
I wish I would have known going into all of this what that stuff (narcotic pain killers) was doing to me. 


PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe