Sunday, July 11, 2010

Log #132 (Car Show)

Last week was a rough one as far as pain is concerned, but I got through it and felt better just in time for the weekend.

Friday we got some stuff done early and decided to spend the day at the beach (Sycamore Cove).  It's always nice to get out of the house, but it's even better to spend the day resting while listening to the sound of waves beating against the shore.  The beach we go to has lots of trees and shade not too far from the water.  It is absolutely beautiful there.  I don't do anything except rest and watch the boys play while my wife and I talk or read.  I'm usually in additional pain from riding in the car and the small walk to where we set up our stuff, but I take something for pain before we go and I'm not too bad.
Yesterday we went to see family that lives in Long Beach, CA.  There was a car show down there and they invited us to come down and spend the day with them.  Because of my pride, I don't like using my wheelchair so I decided to try walking as long as I could.  MISTAKE!!!  I didn't make it very far before my sciatic shut down my right leg and made it very difficult to walk.  It was a good thing that my wife insisted on bringing my wheelchair because I wouldn't have made it back to the car without it.  My wife and son had to walk back to the car and bring the wheelchair to where I waited.  I ended up having to take some stuff to deal with the pain.

I made some cookies with medical MJ in them and I put one in my pocket before we left home.  One cookie is pretty strong, but even that was not quite enough to knock the pain out completely.  It did well enough to get me through until we got home.

The bright side was spending time with family and seeing the sights.  I may not feel all that good when we are out, but at least we are doing things as a family.

PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS!!!!  If you have similar experiences then please write them here.  It may help someone else when you write your point of view.  ANY comment, question, or suggestion is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe